We’ve had a lot of requests for more information about fishing rods on the podcast, especially custom rods, so we brought on Brandon Elinich of Black Pelican Custom Rods.
In this episode, we cover a ton, including:
– The difference between good and bad rods (and how to tell if one is overpriced)
– Everything you wanted to know about rod grips, guides, action and blanks
– The advantages of having a custom rod as opposed to a store-bought rod
– How Brandon became a custom rod maker (and how you can, too)
– What he wishes someone told him about rod making before he got started
– What tools and materials you need to make your own rods
– What exactly graphene is (hint: it’s a material that is 200x stronger than steel, harder than a diamond, and flexible!)
One of our Insider members, Ariel Rodriguez, is a customer of Black Pelican, and he let Tony try out his custom rod the other day.
Both of them have raved about the quality and performance, and Brandon really knows his stuff, so I know you’re going to get a lot out of this episode.
To see the show notes, click here:
To join 8,000 other members in the Insider Club and get access to the best local fishing spots, discounts on fishing gear, and the best fishing tips, click here:
And to download our FREE Inshore Fishing ebook, click here: