Your hand or leg could get stuck in the rope and you could get pulled overboard…
You could drop the anchor on your deck and be in for an expensive repair job…
You could not tie the anchor on your boat correctly and lose your anchor…
And those are just a few of the things that could go wrong!
Bottom line is, when it comes to anchoring your boat, you need to know what you’re doing.
So we’ve got Salt Strong fishing coach Capt. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson from Florida Keys Fun Fishing to drop some knowledge on us about boat anchors.
In this video you’ll learn:
– Why boat anchors need chains (and what happens if they don’t have one)
– The top mistakes newbies make when they deploy their anchors
– Two popular types of anchors (and which one Capt. Johnson uses for his fleet of boats)
– The formula for knowing how much rope you need in every depth of water for every condition
– The top mistakes newbies make when they pull up their anchors
– And much more!
Have any questions about anchoring your boat? Let us know down in the comments!
See the full post here:
Want more tips like this from Capt. Mark and the Salt Strong coaches to help you catch more fish and find the best fishing spots (and get discounts on fishing gear!)? Join our Insider Club:
Download our FREE Inshore Fishing Manifesto: